If you have enough time and are determined to crack the JEE advanced in the first attempt, then you can prefer self-study. But understand that self-study is an essential component of coaching classes too as they can’t be successful without the input of self-study.
- The best part about self-study is the cozy, comfortable environment and time or place of your choice.
- One of the major benefits is the cost-effective factor. Coaching classes are expensive and can cause a dent in your pocket. But be honest, ensure that you work hard or else you might spend the saved money on appearing for a re-exam.
- Going to classes might eat away your energy and also cause you to waste your time. Self-study saves your valuable time of traveling to another place.
- It removes your dependency on coaching classes, and you learn to take full responsibility for your syllabus.
- successful self-study may give you an incredible amount of confidence to deal with any subject or course.
- You have the superhero called ‘Internet’ to your rescue. Yes!! It is a great advantage of self-study as you can understand what type of questions are asked in tests.
- Self-study does not involve pressure and stress. Coaching classes can make everything so competitive that it may make you want to give up and run away from physics, chemistry, maths and biology.
A Word of Caution
You need to remember to stay focused and not start daydreaming while studying. Self-study is a time-consuming process, and a lot of R&D is involved in it to succeed. It needs a lot of discipline and planning. Also, coaching classes provide in-depth study material and a list of frequently asked questions. You will not have access to such things while studying alone. So, if you are not willing to take care of these factors, listen to my advice and don’t think about studying on your own.
To conclude, each student should consider the above factors before they make their decision. Give mock tests and solve as many questions as you can. That will give you a fair idea of what your strengths and weaknesses are.
However, the most reliable source of help is no one, but you!
Also, you can always take help from Kunduz which might help you if you are stuck in between and need some help from topmost tutors of IIT.Stay Awesome 🙂